Tuesday, July 17, 2012

There Are Times In Which We Must Fade


Let's go disappearing.
Sometimes I just feel like we need
to go and bury ourselves in darkness and distance.

We'll wander hand in hand in to the hands of the night
and find our lives flung across the hills and into the fields and through the stalks of corn and 
   grain and growth
We can scatter ourselves and see what grows with water and what grows when starved

Let's skate down gutters and become runoff
and filter through grates and pipes and dive in to the ocean
and disperse amongst particles that are just like us
but aren't

Let's climb to the canopy and scream.

I see lights in the distance and I want to know what they are. Lets go
find them together.
I don't know where they went but they can't be far.

I think we should find a thunderstorm and ride it
to see what kind of fires we can start and where
and when and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment