Monday, July 16, 2012

Charm Bracelet


One of these days
I'll write pages about you;
books upon books taken from your skin
and lungs.

I want to collect all you've breathed in
and held over these years.

Let go

I'll place the words you've inhaled
on a charm bracelet
and keep it somewhere safe and quiet
because that's where I never got a chance
to hear you.

I'll take the pictures I never painted and
the music I never wrote
and build a gallery around your self.

It's okay

I know you can't capture a soul in a painting
but I poured in as much of mine as I could spare
I know it's nowhere near full
But that's as much of you as I could
be without becoming myself again.

I had to compose it quickly before I crystallized
and froze again
and became trapped in a mould forever.

It's like flying

Maybe if I plunge myself in to your flame for long enough
I'll be able to brand myself anew.

I've already heated your charm bracelet self enough to
sear each word in to my wrists

No comments:

Post a Comment