Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Space Between Dreams


You occupy the space between my dreams
And inhabit the distance between silences.

Our reality is hypothetical
because our relationship is definitively intangible.

In the instant I feel I can almost touch you,
you have already dissipated, like
a splash of warm water on my face
or the words
we almost said.

Though I cannot see you clearly
I am distinctly aware of your presence:
just beyond the corner of the blink of an eye
because I catch glimpses of your face
sketched upon the insides of my eyelids.

So I keep my eyes closed at night
and during the day sometimes too
while I try to convince you to invest in real estate elsewhere:
maybe move to one neighborhood or another
in either direction.

Because if I convince you to occupy my dreams,
I can find a place where I can finally touch you.

No comments:

Post a Comment